Old September 13th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default magilla and i called this one

On Sep 12, 5:13*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"bar" wrote in message

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/illn...s-vuelta-on-it...

give it up, you haters ...

So you get props for saying the equivalent of *"You just watch, the sun
*will* come up tomorrow. Mark my words."?

Unfortunately, I think we mis-read what's happened to Danielson as an excuse
for falling apart (again), when it's likely that he (as is the case with
many others) just doesn't have a body that can go day-after-day at the limit
without running into problems. Some people can handle and thrive in intense
situations, while others will get literally ill. We assume it's
psychological when it may be entirely physical. Or have elements of both
(the most-likely scenario).

If people hadn't claimed that Tom Danielson was Lance's heir apparent,
Danielson's performance wouldn't be the object of so much ridicule. And I
don't think Danielson ever made lofty claims about his own future either.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I think JV likes TD because he sympathizes with his predicament. As I
recall, JV didn't exactly have the stuff to cope through a grand tour,
either.