Old April 16th 11, 05:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
ATP

Default The Bermuda Triangle of Cycling: L.A. to N.Y. to Miami

"Tēm ShermĒnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 4/13/2011 6:05 AM, ATP wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]
Seems that ALL of those delivery riders do it on a day to day basis.
And I am sure that they have their problems. But, if it's as bad as
YOU say it is, businesses like that wouldn't last long....

I just joined the thread. I'm not sure how bad it is, but those
businesses
can keep on going as long as there are young men willing to be
messengers.

The real enemies of the bicycle messenger business are scanners, PDFs,
electronic signatures, and email.

True, although a few things will still have to be delivered by hand. I was
just thinking that accidents aren't such a problem for the companies if the
messengers work as independent contractors and can be replaced. The
companies don't bear the cost of the accidents as I doubt many (if any) are
regular employees with worker's comp.