Old August 18th 20, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Things my BSO can do

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 12:29:59 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I've got a new one: I can ride my Trek Pure Crank-Forward
Semi-Recumbent (pedal-powered wheelchair for short) without sticking
band-aids on my face.

I can even wear a niqab instead of my surgeon-style mask, because the
PPW doesn't go fast enough to blow it around. I haven't tried the
headband-style niqab yet, mostly because it's gauze and wouldn't keep
enough sun off my incisions. I should complete a double-layer linen
niqab tomorrow; perhaps I'll try it then. [I did; it works.]

Old news: I can back the PPW without dismounting. I can *walk* it
without dismounting, but it's more comfortable to walk beside it and
use it for a cane: the deep notch makes it possible to walk with the
handlebars in front of me.

I can ride it while wearing an ankle-length skirt -- but I have to
wear black pedal-pushers instead of frilly white drawers. I *could*
keep the skirt down, but it's more convenient to pull it up to my
knees.

Or perhaps the classic "Bicycle Suit". Dated perhaps but you might
turn it in to a new fad :-)
http://yesterdaysthimble.com/wp-cont...unch_1895v.jpg

I think. I haven't worn a skirt since April.

Here, trousers are almost de rigueur for every day wear for the ladies
and a long, ankle length, wrap around skirt would be common for formal
wear.

And, knock wood, I've always been healthy enough to walk to church.
(Maybe it's because I haven't been catching colds or anything.)

--
Cheers,

John B.