Old September 21st 20, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Latest BB creaking -- it was the headset.

On 21/09/2020 19.02, Lou Holtman wrote:

snip

Most people blame their BB of the creak. Most of the times it is
unjustified. My first suspect is saddle and seatpost.

It's because you hear it when you put the torque on, and associate with
the pedals/crank/BB area.

Ime, I no longer have a first suspect. On the stand and tighten
every...single...nut and bolt. *Then* start looking for the little sod
if it hasn't gone away. It saves so many dead ends. Ok, you don't get
the same smug satisfaction of identifying the perp, but if it's gone,
it's gone.

I have an intermittent one at the moment. I see a full bike disassembly
on the horizon :-(