Old July 7th 03, 02:59 PM
Gyp

Default Got screamed at for the first time today

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
Gyp wrote in message

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

Yup - there is no excuse for driving in a manner that puts lives in danger
_period_ - I don't care what coloured ****ing uniform the driver is wearing.

Could have been worse.. I accualy could have come off or been thrown
into the path of a car.. At least this way I only got a scare and a new
gash on my calf.. Does play on your mind a bit these close shaves..
Start to think how long my luck can hold out..

Still statisticly cycling is safer then walking..Cough

Well its half relief that I'm still alive and in one peice, With any
luck when I do get taken off a bike by a tosser car I'll be concious
enough to give them a eun of verbal abuse as they cart me off to A&E
Grin..

Heh - When I was laid out on the floor, next to my burning motorbike, left
leg at (literally) right angles where it shouldn't be, and the woman
staggered stunned and dazed out of her car, mobile phone still in hand, I
was wide awake. Too busy howling like a wounded and furious demon to swear
at her though. ****, that _HURT_!!!!!!!

OuchWell on the bright side at least she knew that she' hadn't killed
you..hehehehe...

Touch wood I've not hit a car head enough for it to hurt..../Touch wood

Par for the course dude. Personally, I just can't wait until I'm commuting
this route in total darkness, Lovely! ;-(

Yes I'd like to think that being fitted with a incredibly bright red
flashing light would mean that only the blind could miss you. But
knowing some of the ******* out there it would be wise to assume that
they are all out to get you.. Grin..

Still think it would do the buggers some good to get on a bike for a few
days and find out what its like on the receiving end for a bit..

Play for the sympathy vote eh? "Please, your all tough and I'm all soft and
so easy to squish, you're scaring me!".

ChuckleAccualy I was thinking of when other people are at the sharp
end her anger.. If its directed at me it just results in me loosing my
rag and after we've vented a little steam we settle down and talk it
over.. Very rarely ends up with one of us on the couch...Chuckle

Yeah - last section of my ride to work is a queue about 1/4 mile long - I
get to sail right past them all (legally as well - I believe it's called
'overtaking', heheheh...). Most are cool, and some even move slightly
further in to the curb for me, but some others look furious,
heheheheheh.........

Indeedy...Chuckle

Wave

Gyp (Who managed a whole hours ride this afternoon without a single
incident).