Old November 21st 16, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Cyclists are driver's biggest fear on the roads

On 21/11/2016 15:37, Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 10:39:32 +0000
Bod wrote:

Bloody heck! why on earth have you got that satnav up so high. that
is blocking a lot of your view. The satnav looks almost the size of a
small computer monitor. That is ridiculous in my opinion.

I use an 8 inch tablet for sat nav, so it /is/ a small computer
monitor. :-) But it's set above the steering column and below the top
of the dashboard so it doesn't obscure anything, and I don't have to
glance down far to see it. I'd be uncomfortable driving with anything
obscuring my forward view like that - it's bad enough having to look
around the A-pillars and interior mirror. It took me a while to get
used to all that /stuff/ between me and the forward view because I was
pedal/motorcycling (and tractor/dumper driving) before I got on the
road in a car. (I also tended to twitch the steering wheel when
changing gear because my muscle memory thought that was the throttle!)

:-)