Old May 20th 19, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default HOW DANGEROUS IS CYCLING? DEPENDS ON WHICH NUMBERS YOU EMPHASISE.

On 5/19/2019 9:18 PM, Andre Jute wrote:

I'm bored with all this iterative talk. We're no further forward than we were when I arrived here c2010.

Actually, we are ahead of when Jute first arrived in 2010.

In one of his first appearances, he claimed his sit-up-and-beg bike was
super-aerodynamic because he had coasted it down a local hill at
something like 50 mph.

Eventually, he added to the fiction by saying he had paid a local farmer
to bolt a huge plywood sheet across the back of a farm truck, then drive
it down the hill just in front of Jute to give him a windbreak, after
first towing Jute up to speed with a tow rope.

See? It's all cartoon-level fiction, but the fiction is much more
detailed. Progress!

--
- Frank Krygowski