Old November 29th 20, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

Default Current recommend for a helmet?

N8N wrote:
Good afternoon all,

was just cleaning up when I picked up my bike helmet and one of the
plastic bits just cracked in my hand. Guess it's time for a new one;
especially when I look at it and see a 2008 manufacture date (do as I say
not as I do.) Pretty sure it's a Trek "Vapor".

What to buy? It's not like I can just run down to my LBS and start
trying them on, although if I knew what I wanted, I'm sure I could get it
from them to toss them a little bit of business, but it's all curbside
pickup and by appointment now.

Would like something well ventilated as I'm a damnyankee living south of
the Mason-Dixon, so most of the year it's warmer already than I'd prefer.
Affordable is a plus.

thanks for any advice.

First advice is “duck!”

Second is if the helmet that you had lasted 12 years and you can’t try new
ones, maybe the same model?