Old October 11th 05, 01:09 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Default Bikee

Slugger wrote:
In article CjR1f.317$C62.137@trndny05, Richard Greenberg
wrote:

Thanks for the info. Most appreciated.

"Richard Greenberg" wrote in message
news:c%i1f.2716$026.1245@trndny09...
Hi. I'm not a recumbent cycler (not yet anyway), but have been playing

with
the idea of purchasing a "not too expensive' one to play with. I don't

see
any easy way to "try out" recumbents in my neighborhood, and don't really
have the time to travel hours to any of the 2 or 3 shops within 500 miles

of
LI, NY. I've noticed that there are a few Bikee's (or is it Bike E's) for
sale now and then on Ebay. Are these bikes a reasonable place to start?
What should one pay for a good to excellent condition specimen? Thanks

for
any info/advice.

Richard, also keep in mind the BikeE is no longer in production and the
company went under. This may be trouble when break something and you
need a part.

If an "orphan" is worth riding, then it is worth having replacement
parts custom made. Ask me why I have considered this.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
Hominid - The Other White Meat!