Old April 6th 04, 04:39 PM
Steven Goodridge

Default Anti theft measures for cycles stored in garages, sheds etc?

Dan Daniel wrote
I have a wooden frame in the basement. Large stainless steel screw-in
eye rings into a stud (pre-drill a hole and use a piece of pipe
through the ring to turn). Either a u-lock or cable can be pushed
through the ring. Figure out the proper height for easy use. I am sure
that something similar can be done to concrete.

I use this exact same setup in my garage. I use a really, really big
eye ring. The number of rotations it would take to unscrew would be
pretty much impossible with bicycles locked to it with a thick cable
or U-lock.

I use a cable with a simple combination lock to make unlocking easy
without a key.

The garage-browsing thieves in my neighborhood are too lazy to be
bothered with this setup. They have hit other homes, though.

-Steve Goodridge