Old May 30th 19, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default "Why every cyclist needs a pool noodle"

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 10:43:27 PM UTC-4, AK wrote:
On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 9:41:50 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/23/2019 10:49 PM, sms wrote:
Less subtle than a Flash Flag, but the same concept:

https://tribunecontentagency.com/article/why-every-cyclist-needs-a-pool-noodle/

Should we add this to the list of weird measures Scharf recommends for
cyclists?

Are barrier segregated bike lanes, a foam hat, day-glo jacket, glaringly
bright daytime headlights, nautical strobe taillights, electric horns
and horizontal flags not sufficient?

--
- Frank Krygowski

They should also add those devices that drive in theatres use to have that tears up the tires of cars that go into the bike lane. That'll keep those cars out of the bike lanes. :-)

I'd prefer cars riding in bike lanes whenever there are no cyclists there.
That would sweep away a lot of the gravel and other debris that tends to
accumulate in bike lanes.

- Frank Krygowski