Old July 1st 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

Default RR: Colorado Trail (Part 4)

On Jul 1, 1:42*pm, Bill Sornson wrote:

Thanks, Matt. *I was VERY fortunate, really -- helmet cracked in
numerous places, plus even my sunglass frame was scraped all to hell
-- but my face and head were untouched. *(Didn't even know it hit the
pavement until a helping rider said, "Well, your helmet sure did its
job!") *Road rash was pretty light, too, considering.

Landed hard on right shoulder (one that's already had two surgeries)
and hip -- still have two red "trauma circles" on both almost 5 weeks
later. *Thought I'd torn up the wing really bad, but had no idea I'd
fractured anything. *Should heal in place and not need hardware.

Yeeks! That sounds highly unpleasant, but I'm glad to hear it wasn't
worse.

Heal well.

CC