Old October 16th 13, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Speed cameras to be implemented and red light cameras to be removed

On 10/16/2013 03:06 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:05:29 PM UTC-4, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 10/16/2013 11:29 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Well, as a person who bikes and walks around here, I'm just fine
with drivers who say "I don't trust the cops; so I'm going to
just drive the speed limit, and stop for the red lights." Also
for the drivers who say "I'm going to avoid that town."

So you really don't care whether or not someone was driving
unsafely or even breaking the law or not, you just want to stick it
to drivers.

Oh, please! First, I'm just saying that motorists should obey the
laws (even though I realize that's a radical idea in some circles).

But those enforcing the laws are exempt from them?

That's what we're talking about here - ILLEGAL ACTIONS on the part of
municipalities to raise revenue at the expense of motorists, by trapping
them into breaking the law. Sure, if a light immediately turns from
green to red with no yellow, and I cross the stop bar after the light
turns red because I have no hope of stopping, and the law says that that
is illegal, well, then I'm a criminal. But would you really say that I
was a bad person or scofflaw in that situation? Do I *deserve* a ticket
for that?

Or is this one of those four legs good two legs better kind of things?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel