Old October 17th 13, 05:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Speed cameras to be implemented and red light cameras to be removed

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:38:57 PM UTC-4, Nate Nagel wrote:

Seriously, here in the US, traffic law is NOT about safety. It's about
making money. It's *spun* as being for safety, but most enforcement
does SFA towards actually making the roads safer. Motorists are not
pandered to, far from it. It's become a game of motorists vs. cops, really.

How odd. I've had only two speeding tickets in my entire life, and one was in Canada.

If you really feel so persecuted, Nate (despite all the shopping plazas designed only for motorists, the shifting of almost all commerce away from walking distances, the free car storage on public property, the lack of sidewalks in so much commercial development, etc.) you might consider giving up the car. Ride a bike instead. That'll show 'em!

- Frank Krygowski