Old October 28th 13, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

Default Bicycles not viable transport in high winds ?

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
I went out for a drive today (usual thing: buy cuttings at the garden
centre) I saw tens of thousands of vehicles of all types inc. motorcycles
by the dozen, except for bicycles, I only saw 4 in a 30 mile round trip,
and one of those was on a cycle path with lights working and helmet on, so
he doesn't count.

Anyway, why the dearth of bicycles on such a lovely sunny breezy day?

I didn't see a single cyclist on a 17 mile round trip today. I'm not
surprised either, the weather has been terrible. They must all have taken
the bus or "worked from home".