Old March 23rd 19, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike A Schwab

Default Damned Central Heating!

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 5:44:12 PM UTC-5, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 11:09:21 -0700, sms wrote:

On 3/19/2019 4:04 PM, Joerg wrote:

snip

We rarely use it anymore due to the price-gouging in the propane
industry. We switched to cord wood and pellets.

No natural gas in your area? Odd for California housing developments.

There's a big move now to all-electric since the electricity can be
generated without the use of fossil fuels.

LPG prices tend to follow the natural gas prices, especially here where
they exsprt just about everything for sale overseas. Since the
politicians allowed gas exploration and export with effective nil
royalties, Australia has had to import Natural gas from overseas to meet
demand.

We've run wood for decades. It came from the tree loppers, which I guess
is what you call cord wood, but the work involved is now too much and
we've gone back to LPG.

Wood is a preferrable heating method to gas to electric. Since our wood
heater almost needs replacement, we did look at pellets, but limited
supply leading to cost gouging was a concern, plus modern heaters seem to
be tin plate these days.

I know someone who used corn in a pellet stove just fine. Wheat should work too.