Old March 23rd 19, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

Default Damned Central Heating!

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 09:34:21 -0700, Joerg

On 2019-03-20 11:09, sms wrote:
On 3/19/2019 4:04 PM, Joerg wrote:

snip

We rarely use it anymore due to the price-gouging in the propane
industry. We switched to cord wood and pellets.

No natural gas in your area? Odd for California housing developments.

Only in the flatlands and then only in larger cities. Up here in the
hills its propane and you must buy from the company store. Hence high
prices.

There's a big move now to all-electric since the electricity can be
generated without the use of fossil fuels.

Electric? With PG&E as the supplier? I won't touch that with a 10ft pole
for anything where electric power isn't absolutely needed.Yve cooling. No tax
incentives there either because politicians are generally not smart
enough to understand the benefits of that.

You bought a house in a gated community, and you own two cars, and
can't afford electricity?