Old December 9th 03, 08:31 PM
Edward Dolan

Default ARBR has gone downhill

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message ws.com...

"Cletus D. Lee" wrote

Without quality, this group will atrophy. If you let it be
dominated by a few foul mouthed jerks, ARBR will certainly lose its
mission. Only by speaking out against the foul-mouthed jerks will they
get the message. Feeding their vitriol will only continue the downward
spiral into the sewage pits. It is your choice, you can speak up or you
can leave. If you leave, 'they' win.

Yes. Yes.

Those bent on shaping the group with their slanderous, vulgar,
offensive, and abusive (mal)content are clearly revealed for
what they *are* and what they want to be *known for* by
their words. That they seek to see their names as dominant
in the ARBR newsgroup listings is telling.

We can choose to abandon the newsgroup to them in disgust.
Or not.
We can choose to let them "push our buttons".
Or not.

It seems unlikely they will be changed, so we must be.

Take to the newsgroup with a modicum of decorum and
good humor and respect. Don't leave. Post. Post. Post.
Raise the signal level.

Jon Meinecke

Jon, did it ever occur to you that maybe the recumbent related topics
are so boring and dull that no one is paying any attention to them
anymore. Instead, these OT posts, which you so much deplore, seem to
be generating a lot of responses. Why is that I wonder? It can't
possibly be just me, can it?

Buy the way, I always respond to a post in the same manner in which it
is sent. If it is polite, then I am polite; if it is not polite, then
I am not polite. Liberals are known far and wide for being nasty and
vicious. Look in on any of the TV talk shows and you will see what I
mean. Only Colmes is good for being a liberal. The others are beyond
the pale.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota