Old May 20th 04, 04:55 AM
Kurd

Default Comfort Bike ????

I will attempt to sum up the Trek Navigator lineup and upgrades as best as
I can in a drunken fashion.
Navigator 50: Heavy steel frame, 21 speeds, quick release wheels, rigid
steel fork, adjustable height stem, seatpost suspension
Navigator 100: Lighter aluminum frame, 21 speeds, front suspension fork,
adjustable height and angle stem
Navigator 200: Same frame as 10, same wheels as 100 and 50, much better
gears/drivetrain, 24 speeds,
Navigator 300: Same aluminum frame, slightly better SRAM drivetrain, kevlar
belted tires for puncture resistance, adjustable front suspension fork, ugly
ultilitarian handlebar, lights built in to saddle
Navigator 400: Huge difference about this bike is the drivetrain, only 8
speeds- the always shifting at anytime internally geared Shimano Nexus,
double walled (stillfer, less likely to bend) rims, and pedals that have
lights built in to them (no batteries, work off of a dyno)
Navigator 500: Better rims yet, back to a traditional derailiur drivetrain
(but a higher end one at that)

I hope I have been some help.

-kurd