Old March 20th 17, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default More About Lights

On 3/20/2017 11:35 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 2:04:15 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:
Snipped

Sometimes I wonder if a concealed carry would make sense on a bike. At
least for cases where some low-life flies into a full road rage and
tries to attack. Or a montain lion wants to pounce :-)

I wore out the BB on my road bike. Again :-(
But it was 40 miles of fun (except for the road part)

Hah, a mountain lion pounces from above and behind and would be on you before you even knew it was near you. ;)

Yes, that's the big problem with mountain lions. You can't even use bear
spray because it'll be too late to spray. There are some predation
control devices with some efficacy but not 100%.
http://www.mountainlion.org/imagesportals/portalprotect/APHIS%20Electronic%20Guard.pdf.
Battery powered.