Old July 16th 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Theodore Heise[_2_]

Default Go Fabio Go

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:06:29 -0400,
Davey Crockett wrote:
Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
| On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
|
| | Hear! Hear!
|
| It works well that BSD?
|
| I thought I might give it a try

| Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

Hi there Theo

It's around 50 years since I lived anywhere the English
language was used with any degree of universality and so I
don't keep up with regular anglophonic catchphrases and jargon.
Ergo "whooshed" eluded me until I looked it up!

And for that I apologize.

However, what I could infer from your posting headers was that
you were using a UNIX/BSD/LINUX/POSIX type operating system,
and most probably one of the BSD flavours.

Oh, duh. I should have figured that out. My excuse is the
context, I was not expecting computer related questions in rbr.

And I was simply attempting to elicit some feedback on your
satisfaction with the operating system distribution you were
using.

I am currently using GNU-Linux -- the 14.2 64bit Slackware
Distribution -- and there are more than a few things that annoy
me about it (mostly the change to 64 bit) and the inability of
the latest Opera browser to handle all web traffic, forcing me
to use a combination of Firefox, Mozilla and Seamonkey to
perform certain tasks. (I hate KDE with a passion, but the
latest Opera version I tried had neither "Notes" nor "Speed
Dial" and so it was dumped forthwith,)

So I was thinking I might go back to 32 bit, or try another
distribution.

And so I was looking for your comments on NetBSD

So I probably can't offer much. I used Slack for a box that
served my own domain (heise.nu) for some 15 years, but keeping up
the system bacame more work than fun. So I retired it last year,
and signed up for a shell account on panix.com. I've used Unix or
Linux of some flavor since about 1990, but never as a personal
computing platform--strictly shell and command line. My server
ran mail, news, and www, and that was about it.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA