Old April 22nd 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Spring Upgrade

Dane Buson wrote:
Stephen Harding wrote:

-- Fourth layer of Cinelli tan cork tape. I think the bars
are now a thick as I ever would want to have them, and
perhaps a bit too thick. We'll see.

Err, I don't suppose you'd like to supply a picture? That seems like a
*lot* of tape.

Take a look at http://mysite.verizon.net/smharding/

Doesn't look especially thick from these photos, but
if you look closely at the actual metal of the bar
near the stem, then compare the thickness of the tape
you'll see it's quite thick.

Almost like those foam pads from *Mart that lots of
people derided but I loved back in the 80's.

Of course, Cinelli cork tape was going for $16/per
roll at my LBS. I bought two more rolls for my joy
bike which I wrap in alternating red and black spirals.
I bought almost $50 worth of handlebar tape that day!!!

SMH