Old December 13th 19, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Cyclist shot and wounded in San Jose area.

On 12/12/2019 6:42 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 16:10:50 -0800 (PST), Chalo
wrote:

John B. wrote:

By Gorry! You are correct! If we could just get rid of all the motor
vehicles the bicycles would be safe.

That's how ethics work. If you unilaterally inflict a harm or impose a burden in others, it's your sole responsibility to mitigate it, not theirs.

Too bad motorists are inherently unethical creatures.

That seems rather one sided.
After all most, if not all, states have laws about slow vehicles
saying essentially that they must not impede other vehicles.
Minnesota, for example, requires all vehicles which are operated at
speeds 30 mph or less to display a "triangular slow-moving vehicle
emblem". New York defines it as 25 mph, or slower; Indiana says 25
mph, or slower. I read that "According to Bicycling, the average
recreational road biker moves at 17 to 18 miles per hour over flat
terrain".
--
cheers,

John B.

It's a sensible law and saves many Amish lives in their
horse drawn vehicles no to mention farm equipment.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/