Old October 2nd 03, 07:51 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default "Giant" dissapointment

On 2 Oct 2003 11:04:30 -0700, (JD) wrote:

Mountain biking is not about "value", Barry. It's about riding
bicycles.

No way! So THAT'S what I've been missing all this time. G

That's all fine and dandy, but how many other bikes have these sheep
ridden? Their "experience" is limited unless they have ridden a real
quality handbuilt mountain bike because cookie cutters are no match.

Plenty of them, including myself, have ridden many hand built
machines.

I've ridden Seven, Ibis, Litespeed, IF, ClifCat, just to name a few.
They are great to ride, touch and look at. The frames are beautifully
made, some approach musical instrument quality.

However, I don't think a rider has to spend $3k on a frame to get a
great riding bicycle. I will say that boutique hard tails ride nicer
than any cookie cutter frame I've ridden.

I can't say the same for full bouncers.

Barry