Old May 21st 19, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Parked bus: 1 Cyclist: 0

On 20/05/2019 21:33, MrCheerful wrote:

I have good abilities at riding a bicycle, motorcycle, car, vans, and
even LGV1

Self assessment doesn't work. That sort of attitude is dangerous.

I taught motorcycle roadcraft for many years and have undergone advanced
Police driving courses and I am very proficient on the skidpan.

I am very careful not to run anyone over or crash into anyone.

Most people don't make a habit of crashing and, by a combination of
luck and judgement, quite a few get through a lifetime.

In the past, you have admitted to crashing.

It ****es me off when incompetents **** the system up by breaking every
rule in the book and even those of common sense,
most often this is
demonstrated by cyclists, which is why I will no longer ride a bicycle
on the road.Â* It is just too embarassing to be associated with the
rabble of scum that ride bicycles nowadays.

I drove a few miles today, and during that time I saw 6 cyclists and
everyone of them was breaking the most basic law of the road, by riding
on a footway.

How many of them are going to be looking at uk.rec.cycling?

Bicycles could be great again, but only if they are regulated and
controlled.

Plenty of rules already exist over the use of bicycles on public roads.
A system that isn't broken - people getting around without harming
anybody - doesn't need fixing.