Old October 20th 03, 09:01 AM
Colin Blackburn

Default Eventually...

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:52:59 +0000 (UTC), David Nutter
wrote:

Colin Blackburn said:

I sent a post at the same time as you and got an immediate reply, I
think
I mentioned it here though I didn't quote it.

Interesting, did you send it by e-mail or a more "respectable"
communications medium?

email.

My reply was pretty much the
same as yours but without mention of the benches. What I still don't get
is why they are doing things in this order. They have finished all the
paving to a reasonably high standard. Next they will rip up some of the
paving to put in the benches and racks and then relay the paving.

Yes, I did wonder and console myself with the thought that things the
council do are not meant to be understood by mortals. Viz the mysterious
cones on the bit of the A691 that goes up from the Passport Office to
County
Hall. They seem to stop where the actual work (at the top of North Road)
begins. Very strange...

Yes, I've not worked out the coneage near that roundabout at all. Two and
sometimes three of the roads will have apparently pointless (though still
pointy) cones.

The biggest mystery of all is the new cycle bridge. It seems to me that
the developers of the new houses have put in a pedestrian footbridge for
the residents to get over the A690 but called it a cycle bridge, it
certainly has steps as well as ramps. It seem to serve no pupose for
cycles as far as I can tell at the present.

Colin