Old October 21st 19, 06:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
jOHN b.

Default AG: Refueling

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 23:51:30 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:11:12 +0700, John B.
wrote:

What in the world is a "walking taco".

If anybody bought one while I was there, I was looking the other way.

I bought one from a street vendor during a festival once, and he
opened a single-serve bag of Fritos Corn Chips and dropped in taco
toppings. One could, indeed, eat it while walking around.

The dishes I didn't remember were no doubt less odd.

I presume all the offerings were made with sloppy-joe meat. It was a
thrill to eat the "sloppy joe" of my childhood, where it just meant
crumble-fried hamburger in a sauce, and didn't imply tons of sugar and
particular sharp seasonings.

We had tacos for lunch after church today. I stopped by the kitchen
to change the ice trays (which I do every Sunday)

Why does one change ice trays on Sunday?
Good Lord! We've got ice trays that have been in the fridge for 15
years or more :-)

and ended up serving
instead of going upstairs. (Just as well; Missions Sunday is boring
to me.) I didn't take my apron off until I got home! It needed
washing, tomorrow is washday, and wearing was the easiest way to carry
it. I found what looked like an old stain on it, but it was damp. I
hadn't been near tea or anything that color. I suppose I could have
dampened an old stain while drying dishes. It's in a bucket now with
a whole load of detergent -- and it's about time I added my own white
stuff to the bucket.

There weren't many speckles on the apron, but I was glad I'd worn it.
Had I known I was going to spend the service in the kitchen, I'd have
worn slacks instead of a long-sleeved dress with a very full skirt.
The sleeves are designed to be pushed up, and I confined the skirt
with an apron more serious than those I bought from Indiana Restaurant
Supply. I should ask Bill where it came from.

--
cheers,

John B.