Old December 7th 19, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Deore much superior to Alivio = V-brakes?

I want to get some BLACK V-brakes to go with my BLACK Tektro V-brake levers for a dropbar.

The not so local bicycle shop has both Alivio and Deore V-brake calipers in black.

There is a $24.00 difference in the price of the two pairs of Deore versus Alivio. Is there a REALLY noticeable difference in the PERFORMANCE of Deore V-brake calipers over Alivio ones?

Here are the numbers I got from the shop's website.

Alivio Black Front EBRT4000FX43SLP
Alivio Black Rear EBRT4000RX43SLP

Deore Black Front EBRT610FX41SLP
Deore Black Rear EBRT610RX41SLP