Old September 1st 09, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Default Self adjusting brakes?

Last night I took the rear wheel on the Dahon off, stripped it down and
repacked the bearing,adjusted the derailluer , found all the gears again
and adjusted the drum brake. While I was at it I took the front blocks
out trimmed them , reversed them and adjusted them until there were
perfect, just kissing the rim in one spot. Left the bike in the
workstand and came in. This afternoon (still in the workstand) the front
brake is as locked on as a bulldog with tetanus! How?