Old February 26th 19, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
GB[_5_]

Default Wear a helmet, you know it makes sense

On 26/02/2019 12:40, Ian Smith wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:48:13 +0000, GB wrote:

Did anyone explain why you are twice as likely to get hit if
wearing a helmet?

No such claim was made.
You are misrepresenting (at best) what was said.

Misunderstanding, please! I'm far too stupid and honest to misrepresent.

BTW, can you explain what this means, as apparently I'm misrepresenting it:

"Suppose I had some sort of lucky talisman that would protect you from
all injury if you ever fell off your bike with no other vehicle
around, but it made it twice as likely that you'd be hit by each car
that overtook you. Would you want one of your own? Your logic (i.e.
that it helps in certain circumstances, so must be good) suggests
you'd want the talisman, even though it nearly doubles the chances of
your death each time you go out riding (cyclists rarely die without
interaction with a motor vehicle). "

regards, Ian SMith