Old July 21st 13, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default You really couldn't make it up...

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:37:55 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

For example, outside the Kebab shop just off the A20 in Lee is
particularly bad between 7pm and midnight. Eltham High Street is bad
daytime with delivery drivers. Residential areas seem to be worse
overnight than during the day. Outside schools can be diabolical
8.30am to 9.30am and again 3pm to 4pm, just at the most dangerous
times when children are meeting their parents.

I hope you don't mind if I return to cycling matters:

I have known of a cyclist who claimed that it was OK for him to exceed the
speed limit of 20mph out side schools - because the speed limit does not apply
to cyclists.

Mind you - he was not very bright. He came from Hull.