Old May 3rd 04, 08:22 AM
Benjamin Weiner

Default Roberto Gaggioli is a piece of crap

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Rondechampion wrote:
USAC----please don't puss out and not suspend this a-hole.

Were there no cops at the race?

I don't see where USAC has a role if the cops don't.

I have no knowledge of the facts or people involved, but USAC
does have an interest in rider comportment, or whatever it's
called. USCF rule 1.O.5. Abuse
(c) No licensee may assault [...] or do battery [...] to anyone
connected with any event (including but not limited to riders,
officials, spectators, public officials, etc.) held under a
USA Cycling permit [disqualified and suspended for one year]

I'm sure this rule isn't always enforced. Depends on the
egregiousness of the offense. And the number and importance
of the witnesses. IIRC, a couple of years ago, Nothstein got
kicked off a start line for having cussed at a cop while
warming up.