Old August 14th 17, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On 12/08/17 21:29, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 12/08/17 16:48, JNugent wrote:

QUOTE: "If I was going any faster I could've been killed.

"I usually do go quite fast because it's a straight run and you
can pick up a lot of speed." ENDQUOTE

That can mean anything. For some, 15mph can feel like a "lot of
speed". Given that proms tend to be fairly level and it's a £100
bike with knobbly tyres, it's more than likely. But I am sure you
would disagree.
She might or might not have been intently concentrating on the
ground below the front wheel. Only she knows which.

Perhaps the rope might not have caught her under the chin had she
had her head down (as per your uninformed idea of riding
positions).

Besides, any road user (including drivers, even you) is accustomed
to look for things connected to the road and disturbing the
background, not for something static floating above it. The visual
system works mostly about matching things to past experience so
would take several seconds to work out something so unfamiliar.

But she failed to see the rope. This was a life-belt rope, by
the way. Not a wire and not a thin cord. It must be the best part
of an inch thick.

A life belt rope an inch thick? Wow, folk are tough in those
parts.

A few weeks ago someone posted a link about a Range Rover driver
failing to see something considerably bigger and which should have
correlated to something seen before. The back of a bus.

If nobody has told you that you are a boring ****, please allow me to
be the first.

I have no interest in entertaining the likes of you. Why do you come to
this group if you don't like what's on offer?