Old October 12th 17, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default DRIVERLESS ELECTRIC CARS

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 5:23:21 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/11/2017 5:25 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 3:18:15 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:03:46 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Oh, Jeff you are so naive.

Yeah, that's a problem. I tend to trust and believe people. I'll try
to be less trusting and more cynical.

A government required unit at $20 mfr base price could
easily be several hundred dollars once you factor in the
usual graft/corruption/inefficiency, maybe more with some
mandated percentage of "free" transponders to targeted groups.

Governments do not produce anything. They pass one the task of
designing and building transponders. If things don't go well, they
subsidize various products in order to accelerate public acceptance.

Most likely, such a transponder will be made in China, imported by a
politically connected distributor, sold by a multi-national company,
profits deposited in Ireland, and maintained by domestic industrial
serfs in the manner of the middle ages. Rules and regulations will be
established to insure that do exactly what is not needed or wanted.
The rules and regulation will be changed every 5 years to accelerate
inventory turnover and enhance premature obsolescence. Useful
hardware life will be preset and limited to 5 years to insure
perpetual sales. Corporate welfare will be in the form of subsidies
needed to insure that the transponders are affordable. Lack of
efficiency will be insured by the traditional government agency.

How am I doing? Do you still consider me naive?

There are very good reasons that in The War On Poverty,
poverty won.

That was lost before it started. There's no money or taxes to collect
from the impoverished. Better to make war on those with money.

...with their own money. But how?

That was well established a hundred years ago:

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_...nin.Quote.068C

Tee hee