Old July 9th 03, 06:09 PM
Jim Edgar

Default Cyclocross checklist

Drew Cutter at wrote on 7/9/03 8:34 AM:

Thanks . The local bike shop recommended a new bike instead . He
suggested redline . This is strictly a winter only bike and one I can
bang around with out worrying about the repair bill. Thought about using
my carnac mt. bike shoes . Colorado cyclist doesn't seem to have to much
in the way of cyclocross . The shop carries lemond , cannondale , trek
bikes. Any suggestion on a good cyclocross mail order company ?

LBS route:
Ask 'em if they can order a Surley Cross-Check frame for you through QBP.
Good Value, $-wise. You can get 'em as frames or built up.

Also, I've enjoyed my Lemond Poprad -

http://home.earthlink.net/~cyclofien...mondcross.html

- I do see a few of them available cheaply with pretty decent stock
components. Light steel, good clearance, nice behavior in a variety of
trail and racing conditions.

Mailorder route:
Sheldon/Harris - http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/bikes.html (and you can
search for "cyclocross" there as well)
Cyclocross world - http://www.cyclocrossworld.com
CC tends to have stuff in the catalog closer to fall
Excel sports - http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...ajor=8&minor=0

Hope that helps,

-- Jim