Old July 22nd 03, 11:55 PM
Marlene Blanshay

Default Where to ride in Ottawa?

In article ,
wrote:

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:37:47 GMT,
gers.com,
Keith Boone wrote:

Is
there some kind of bike path that runs along the Ottawa
river? Thanks for any help.

Here's a map:
http://www.city.ottawa.on.ca/city_se...ycling_map.pdf

Funny a friend of ours just got back from there and said the Ottawa area
is great for cycling. Not the city itself, but the outlying areas.
Lakefield and the gatineaus area, and south and west of the city in
semi-rural areas. I think that might be Carp or Stirling, but I'm not
sure. He said the roads are great, there's not much traffic and you can go
for huge long rides. The only problem is that it can be a tad windy
because it's sort of flat and open, with lots of farms and fields. In
fact, I think I may head out there- it's only about 150 miles!