Old July 23rd 03, 01:58 AM
Chalo

Default 18" Boy's and 22" Girl's Bikes?

(Paul C. Cox) wrote:

The kids are LOVING the new rides (some of my
others are quite jealous of the 6YO girl, whose bike is now "the
largest").

Glad you got it all sorted out to your collective satisfaction.
Sounds as if you might have found an inexpensive solution too. If you
do bike maintenance, you'll want to go through the Toys R Us bike and
grease/adjust all the bearings, stem quill, seatpost, etc. Those
bikes can be good value if properly tuned, but tend to self-destruct
from poor assembly.

Really appreciate your comments; I certainly know where you are coming
from on the "no derailleur" advice. I know it is hard to understand
my situtation, or dilemma in shopping. Not many have 7 kids, let
alone 7 under age 8, and who have been off training wheels since
around age 4 and riding 35 miles a day since they were 6.

Wow. Are you going to field your own family team in the 2020 TdF?

Best of luck keeping that brood in wheels! And my impressed
congratulations to your wife!

Chalo Colina