Old July 23rd 03, 10:05 PM
Larry Schuldt

Default Durability vs Efficiency

On 22 Jul 2003 08:11:58 -0700, (salmoneous) wrote:

If we look at the continuum of bikes - from mountain to true road
bike, we trade comfort for efficiency as the bikes become more
road-like. I'm certainly willing to give up some comfort to shorten my
commute time.

I would strongly disagree with this. My road bikes are extremely
comfortable and I can spend all day on one. I can't say the same for a
mountain bike.

Maybe your road bike isn't fitted to you properly. There is also the
possibility that what is comfortable for 15 minutes is agony after a
few hours and you haven't ridden long enough to make that discovery
yet. Things like wide saddles, gel saddles, and handlebars with only
one position come to mind.
--
To reply by e-mail, be polite. Rudeness will get you nowhere.