Old November 9th 03, 02:59 PM
Richard Adams

Default Man's license revoked after he hit bicyclists in Pinellas

Doug Haxton wrote:
Richard Adams wrote in message ...

Fat chance this will make the national 6:00 news, but every little step
counts.

Um, why in the world *should* this make the national 6:00 news?

(For what it's worth, I agree with the actions of the judge, based on
a rather short story)

Real news of real value

As defined by whom?

rarely hits the national, let alone local news.
You'd know this if you'd ever seen it. House fires, car accidents,
fights at sporting events, etc., a waste of energy to broadcast it.

None of these would make the national news unless they were
particularly noteworthy. I'd bet money that the CBS national news
hasn't included any stories about a house fire, car accident, or fight
at a sporting event in the last 30 days.

When did Don Zimmer hit the deck?

Point being, the local news provides dreck and the national news is
usually filled with national dreck. So many have gotten use to the
message and delivery they don't question it. I follow news on the BBC
and find it does a pretty good job, tho not as good as it once did - but
I blame that on their tailoring their news to North American audiences.