Old July 27th 03, 08:25 PM
The Causey Way

Default Lower back pains

"GABIKE" wrote in message
to get back on my bike in the morning for some relief!

The hallmark of a true cyclist :-)

Simply the act & motions of riding cured my own sciatica
(other ppl's MMV).

Of course, there are various types of lower back pain --
disc degeneration, pinched nerves, kidney stuff ...

In my own case, it was just an unhealed fractured coxxyx
pinching the sciatic nerve, and riding the bike spread
things apart and released the nerve. The bike that cured
me was a well-fitting, flat-bar'd MTB -- not bolt-upright,
and not stretched-out & optimally aero. I probably
luckily just hit on the right combination of posture and
exertion. The instantaneous relief I felt was better
than any orgasm.

To the Original Poster:
You say any suggestions are welcome. Best thing is to
talk to some doctors who know what they're talking about.

I ride because back in 1998 I was a police officer who answered the call

to a
house fire. My job was to just make sure motorists didnt try to drive

through
the scene and run over the fire hoses.
Much to my suprise it was a arson in progress and the turd was armed with

2
pistols in his pants and has 2 automatic rifles and a sniper rifle in his
truck.
A bystander identified him as the homeowner, I went up to him just to make

sure
he was uninjred (didnt know it was a arson at this point), I was answered

with
a .22 and a .45 . I was hit 3 times before I was able to return fire. One

in
the left arm which shattered the radus (sp?) and had to be repaired with a
steel rod, one shot went between my vest and belt and has lodged in the

spinal
colum, this cannot be operated on due to it being actualy in the spinal

bone.
Thre third shot hit me in the head and somehow didnt penetrate but left me

with
a nasty knot.
I didnt kill him (not for lack of trying) but nearly riped his leg off

with my
issue .44.

Dr told me I will end up in a wheelchair someday and the more I exercise

the
longer I will continue to walk.

So I got a bike

Its now a few years later and I ride approx 100 miles a week. Believe it

or not
I now feel very little back pain on or off the bike and I am more fit than

any
of my friends. Im legally 18% disabled and can out do any of my firends in
anything we do.

I abselutly believe a bike can cure anything.

Holy crap, dude, you make Lance look like a nancy boy.