Old July 28th 03, 01:10 PM
archer

Default Lower back pains

In article ,
says...
Really? I've heard the pressure on the handlebars should be very slight.
I'll try that tomorrow.

Maybe some people like it that way, but most say you should have about
equal weight on your seat and hands, with your legs supporting quite a
bit while you're pedaling.

Thanks,
Jiyang
"David Kerber" wrote in message
In article ,

says...
I don't think it's my seat post, because my hips do not rock side to

side
when I bike. I think it has to do with my position on the bike. I feel
like I am sliding forward on the bike, and I am using my lower back

muscles
to support the weight of my body when I ride in the drops. I have tried
raising the nose of the saddle, but my lower back still goes sore, and
painful after the ride. What muscles do you use to ride in the drops?

The arms. The hands support the weight. My back does little work in
that position.

Jiyang Chen

"Brian Sanderson" wrote in message
Your saddle may in fact be too high. Your seatpost is set to allow

leg
extension so you don't hurt your knees (of course), but if it is set

just
wee bit too high your pelvis rocks side-to-side slightly and this can
leave
you with lower back pain after a while. I find it isn't a problem on
short
rides, but definitely a problem after hour-long rides (or longer). I

just
can't seem to leave that darn seat alone...

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good
Lord, it's morning".