Old July 30th 03, 07:28 PM
Alan Hoyle

Default SPD-compatible shoes for wide feet?

I recently took the plunge and switched my mountain bike over to
clipless pedals. I got WTB MP 250 Stealth pedals from a local shop
and some inexpensive SPD-compatible shoes.

The shoes I bought seem to be just slightly too thin for the WTB
cleat, and the cleats scrape when I'm walking on concrete (but not
asphalt).

Does anyone know of shoes that tend to run wide? I wear 8.5 EE in
normal shoes and bought the widest ones I could find in size 9, but
they're still too narrow. I mostly use my shoes for commuting, so
something that looks like a normal shoe would be best....

I could also use sandals. I've seen a couple different models
(Shimano and Look) for sale on the net, but haven't seen them in
stores.

Any suggestions?

Also can I use standard Shimano SPD cleats with these pedals?

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.