Old August 2nd 03, 05:16 PM
Ryan Cousineau

Default pudendal nerve problem revisited

In article ,
"Chris Smith" wrote:

HI,
Just an FYI to thank all the people for the input on the pudendal nerve
numbness I'd been experiencing. As the numbness and tingling was not getting
better I went to my Dr. and have been put on a course of Prednisone as well
as Vioxx and instructed to lay off riding for a couple weeks.

After researching set up etc. I found the bike shop had set my seat way too
high and my bars way too low, in my inexperience I didn't know the
difference. I did also get a Selle Italia prolink gel seat just as a
precaution, but I'm thinking the proper seat and bar adjustment would have
been sufficient.

Seats are an amazingly personal thing. I have dumped two different stock
seats from my bicycles (the latter a really nice factory Pinarello suede
seat) in exchange for this ridiculous Selle Italia Nitrox (vinyl cover
over plastic shell, small, flat, hard, and minimally padded) seat that I
keep getting for $15 from my local sports swap store. Why? the first two
seats caused numbness in any position. The Nitrox, in all its
small-and-unyielding glory, is comfortable enough that I don't even
bother with any other road saddle.

In other words, it was probably your fit, but it could be just your
saddle.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club