Old July 13th 03, 06:32 AM
XWonka

Default My worst uni injury yet

I have a lot of planks and milk crates and stuff like that. I just set
them up in my back yard and uni around on them. So I have some trouble
with some setups, i fall off when i don't want to and I can't get up a
certain slope but then i came to a conclusion that made me ride twice as
better as before, I'M INVINSIBLE!

My safety gear is as follows:
Helmet (skate helmet not a bike helmet those are a bit spickey for my
taste)
Elbow pads
(fingerless)Riding gloves
661 knee shin guards

Not a lot of gear but more than what some people wear.

Anyway so I think that I am totally A #1 with my impenetrable gear so I
ride with little fear and intimidation. So I ride pretty well and I’m
quite pleased with myself. Now… onto the crash.

The set up was a long plank going up to two milk crates stacked on each
other with another milk crate half way up for support. You follow me so
far? I hope so. Anyway, so I ride up with the goal to stop at the top
and hop off. When I get up there, however, the milk crates come out from
under me and I fall.

The back of my head smacks into the plank and the lip of my helmet stops
the board, jamming it into the back of my head even worse. That and my
back was scraped up on a milk crate. And now the aftermath…

I was pretty much done unicycling that day. I didn’t bleed at all and I
wasn’t concussed. But I couldn’t turn my head to the right without being
in a great deal of pain. Left was ok but the right.. not a chance.
Anyway, this morning the pain was less, I have a huge bump on my head
and my head can’t turn all the way to the right. Absolutely NONE of the
gear I had saved me, and I’m willing to bet that my helmet made it
worse.

Still I’m not dumb enough to stop wearing gear but I think that I got a
little over confident and cocky. Even maybe a little dependent... I
dunno. Anyway I just thought I’d share.

--
XWonka - Surley Mofo

'[image: http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/xwonka/britanyad.JPG] '