Old July 13th 03, 02:12 PM
Rowan

Default My worst uni injury yet

[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smil...n/atabove.gif]
*trials poser wears helmet to no avail*
XWonka wrote:
*I'M INVINSIBLE!

... I think that I am totally A #1 with my impenetrable gear so I ride
with little fear and intimidation.

Absolutely NONE of the gear I had saved me, and I’m willing to bet
that my helmet made it worse.*

Interesting observations. Did you mean invisible or invincible? Does
wearing a helmet impede your spelling?
XWonka wrote:
*I think that I got a little over confident and cocky.*

Another interesting observation, albeit an understatement.
-Originally posted by XWonka in the "'Head Injuries'
(http://tinyurl.com/gshe)" discussion-
ROWAN HAS A MUNI? AND HE DOESN'T WEAR A HELMET? THIS GUY IS JUST
BEGGING FOR ABUSE

quote:

merrill wrote:
FOSS AND ROWAN ARGUE BACK AND FORTH A FEW TIMES. IT'S ENTERTAINING AND
BOTH SIDES HAVE A POINT. WE COME AWAY FEELING LIKE WE'VE LEARNED
SOMETHING AND THE DISCUSSION HAS MOVED FORWARD A NOTCH.

I LEAVE IT TO THE FOLKS IN THE LISTENING AUDIENCE TO DECIDE FOR
THEMSELVES WHO \"SOUNDS\" AND LOOKS LIKE AN IDIOT.

*I've for one learned something, Rowan is the one who sounds like an
idiot. I mean, if i went out not wearing a helmet i wouldn't be so
damn proud of it. MAN what a dingus. *

I think Dingus would be an apt name for someone being injured while
wearing safety gear and under the false pretense that they are
invincible. The money you spend on head protection does not make you
think any more clearly in a dangerous situation than someone with no
helmet. To be safe, being aware of potential safety hazards is equally
important to wearing safety equipment, if not more so. Investing some
time to think before you act (or speak or post) could be more productive
than impulsively buying safety gear that you don't know how or when to
use.

--
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772