Old July 14th 03, 12:27 PM
U-Turn

Default The Coker "lives"

Nice, Mojoe!

I think you could have widened it more; I don't think the flange
diameter has anything to do with the flange-flange distance. The flange
diameter primarily affects the wheel's ability to transmit torque in the
plane of the wheel (i.e., forwards and backwards), and b) the way the
spokes overlap at the heads.

More important is the strength of the flange and the way it is attached
to the axle.

The two primary weaknesses of the stock Coker wheel a

1. The inferior design and construction of the rim;

2. The wheel geometry.

The major secondary weakness is the very low limit on spoke tension
caused by those two weaknesses.

By widening the hub, you improved the wheel geometry.

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton