Old July 29th 03, 10:05 PM
Mikefule

Default Stand up unicycles

Searching on ebay.co.uk, I found someone selling 'unique' stand up
unicycles. He has ten of these 'unique' items, so at best, they are
'decique'.

As far as I can tell from the pictures, they are normal 20 inch
(approx.) unicycles, but with handlebars instead of a seat post and
seat.

The handlebars look suspiciously like they were 'borrowed' from one of
those fold up aluminium scooters that were so fashionable a year or so
ago, and went down in price from £200 to about £10 over the course of
the summer.

Riding one of these things would be similar to riding seat out in front,
but I guess you'd have more control. It would be tiring.

I believe (from general readding and hearsay) that the first unicycles
had pedals and handlebars, rather than pedals and seat. If so, then the
idea has come full circle.

Have any of you ridden one of these things?

The present price is about half that of a cheap beginner's unicycle, so
I was tempted, but having bid for 4 other items tonight, I thought I'd
better restrain myself.

Does anyone out there have one of those scooters? If so, can you check
if the handlebar stem is the right diameter to fit a standard unicycle?

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall."
Confucius