Old July 30th 03, 01:36 AM
Scott Kurland

Default Stand up unicycles

onewheeldave wrote:
I've just done a search and the link is: -

http://tinyurl.com/ig78

They look interesting, I've often wondered why some of the really
early unis had handlebars instead of seats, it'd be interesting to
have a go on one.

Hey, I know that one.

Ride an Ordinary bicycle (the one with the big wheel, not the modern Safety
or Recumbent bikes) and if you break too hard your rear wheel comes up off
the ground. If you're a mortal, you then fall, and quite hard. If you're a
god of balance, though, you're unicycling, sort of.

Chop an Ordinary bicycle in half (the one with the big wheel) and you have a
unicycle with handlebars instead of a seat, much easier to do one wheel
with.