Old August 7th 03, 12:12 AM
Rick Onanian

Default Looking for a cheap road bike

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:13:20 +0000 (UTC), Fred
wrote:
I certainly am enjoying my TCR2 , - (but you wouldn't call that a cheap
bike , would you, at about a grand, in pounds that is?)

I got it discounted for $1,000. It's not a cheap bike, but it
is no high-end or even mid-range road racing bike -- it's just
a darn good value. Under 20 pounds [weight], for $1,000.

And by the way, there are only very few instances when I wish for a
triple chain ring.

I have to say, this bike does GO when I actually put my legs
into it; I just don't get the opportunity to leisurely climb
at a slow, spinning pace. All my climbs on this bike are
racing climbs [though, I'm sure, not proper racing technique].

Fred

--
Rick Onanian