Old August 7th 03, 12:13 AM
Doug Purdy

Default Bike-shorts benefit without the bike shorts?

"Preston Crawford" wrote in message
I'm considering getting bike shorts. I'm starting to ride longer rides

again
and I think I'd like the padding. Problem is, I generally wear my own

tights
in the winter (unpadded) so I want something fairly light that can go

under
the tights. And inexpensive, if possible. Thus far I've doen without. I'm
thinking about those padded boxers. Has anyone tried those?

There is a short designed to be worn under other clothes. I have one
version, "Andiamo Padded Skins" much more comfy under tights than shorts or
bibs. Comes in S to XXL.

Stores also offer pads alone ready to be sewn into whatever you prefer.

I sometimes ride without any shorts under tights but for that the tights
MUST have windblocking fronts. Depends on the tight material for backs.
Plain unbrushed lycra is cooler than comfy even above freezing. I don't
understand but I find it cooler than bare legs, ok, bare hairy legs. ;-)

Doug
Toronto